Thursday, August 6, 2009

Pham Hoai Nam - Ao Trang

There are two well known photographers, both with the same name Pham Hoai Nam. One lives here in MN and one lives in Saigon.
I call Nam in MN as Ong gia, Granite King, Nam Ao Trang... since Ao Trang is the calendar he has promoted for more than 10 years along with his charity works in VN... (Sorry Thu, I am writing about Nam in this entry, I promise, I will write one all about you and your style some other time... soon.)
In his 2009 calendar, there are two images I love the most (I will scan and post them here later).
Nam is an amazing person, an excellent negotiator (LOL)... who is extremely talented, intelligent, compassionate, caring... and trust me, I can go on and on... That is why I admire and respect him in so many ways... even though we are so different in many aspects... (ask him, he will tell you...)
I am blessed for having Nam in my life. Nam is the kind of friend I turn to when I am happy and when I am not... I will continue to write about my friends... because from them, I learn a great deal...
I miss you, Ong gia...

1 comment:

  1. hi, my name is jenny and i live in OC, CA. i also came across Hoai Nam's photos thru ao trang and his work is beautiful.
    i have tried contacting ao trang thru their website, but the email they have posted there does not work and my email got kicked back to me.

    i am helping out with an organization called "christmas for breakfast" it is a chapter of bridging hope in Denver. www.bridging-hope.org

    anyhow, we have an annual luncheon benefit that tries to raise enough money to feed mothers and babies infected with HIV in Viet Nam.
    The center is called Mai Am Mai Tam. You can also read more about us under the links in the link i provided above.

    the reason i was writing was i the hopes of getting some donations in the form of Hoai Nam's black and white prints for our live and silent auctions. last yr we were able to raise approx 23K and had some wonderful vietnamese paintings that sold for over 1K.

    Pls let me know if you can ask Hoai Nam if he would be interested at all in helping us out.

    thanks for your time.
    you can reach me at jennytrn@gmail.com
    i look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete